Jing Law Firm Basic Information
disclosed in compliance with
article 6:230a through article 6:230e of the Dutch Civil Code,
article 7.4 of the Legal Profession Bye-law (Verordening op de advocatuur)
article 35a of the Legal Profession Regulations (Regeling op de advocatuur)
Jing Law Firm’s website
- Jing Law Firm (the “Firm”) is a law firm based in Almere, the Netherlands and registered with the Dutch trade register (handelsregister) maintained by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) under number 74985655 in the form of a sole proprietorship under Dutch law (eenmanszaak). The Firm is solely owned and operated by Dr (William) Jing Guo, attorney at law (advocaat) admitted to the Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse orde van advocaten). The Firm can be reached via the contact information below:
Address: Jing Law Firm
1314 CG Almere
Contact person: Dr. (William) Jing Guo
Telephone: 0031 (0)64 9009 284
- The Firm’s VAT number is NL228266567B01.
- Currently Dr (William) Jing Guo is the only lawyer (advocaat) working at the Firm. Dr (William) Jing Guo is admitted to the the Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse orde van advocaten) and registered under number A29810. As such, the Code of Conduct for the Legal Profession (Gedragsregels advocatuur) as well as certain other laws and regulations regarding the legal profession in the Netherlands are applicable to Dr (William) Jing Guo. Such applicable laws and regulations are available in Dutch and English at http://regelgeving.advocatenorde.nl/.
- Dr (William) Jing Guo has registered “general practice of civil law” (algemene praktijk burgerlijk recht) in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister). Based on this registration, he is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in the registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
- All contracts with clients will be entered into by Dr (William) Jing Guo as the sole owner of the Firm. Where conducive for providing the best possible services and in consultation with the clients, Dr (William) Jing Guo will cooperate with other experts and professionals including qualified lawyers, civil-law notaries, accountants and tax advisors etc. In the course of such cooperation, Dr (William) Jing Guo and other experts or professionals will be independently responsible for their respective services instead of acting under a joint name, unless otherwise explicitly communicated to the client. As further explained under paragraph 7 below, Dr (William) Jing Guo is independently insured under the Firm’s professional indemnity insurance.
- In case of prolonged absence of Dr (William) Jing Guo, an acting lawyer from outside the Firm (Ms Monique Blokziel of Advocatenkantoor Blokziel in Almere, the Netherlands) will handle ongoing matters. For such situations Dr (William) Jing Guo and the acting lawyer have made proper written contractual arrangements regarding the work to be temporarily performed by the acting lawyer.
- The Firm’s general terms and conditions are applicable to all legal relationships with its clients. All legal relationships with clients are exclusively governed by Dutch law and disputes shall in principle be exclusively submitted in the first instance to the District Court of Amsterdam (Rechtbank Amsterdam). For further details regarding inter alia the applicable law and dispute resolution please refer to the Firm’s general terms and conditions, which can be consulted via this link.
- Service fees are in principle charged on the basis of time spent (including travel and waiting time), multiplied by the applicable hourly rates, which may be adjusted from time to time based on inter alia market conditions. Under certain circumstances a fixed fee arrangement is also possible. In addition to the service fees, certain costs such as inter alia third-party costs, general office costs as well as value added tax (if applicable) will also be charged to the client. For details regarding service fees, other costs and tax please refer to the Firm’s general terms and conditions.
- In accordance with the relevant regulations, the Firm has taken out professional indemnity insurance with Zurich Insurance plc Netherlands Branch (office address: Muzenstraat 31, 2511 VW The Hague). The insurance meets the applicable legal requirements. It offers in principle worldwide coverage except the USA and Canada. The maximum insured amount per claim is EUR 500,000.
- The Firm always strives to provide the highest quality of services possible. Should the client nevertheless experience any dissatisfaction with the Firm’s services, a complaint can be submitted to the Firm in accordance with its complaints procedure. A copy of the complaints procedure can be consulted via this link, which contains inter alia the contact details for submitting complaints and explanation to the possibility of submitting unresolved complaints to the Dispute Committee for the Legal Profession (Geschillencommissie Advocatuur, further details regarding access to the Dispute Committee are available at https://www.degeschillencommissie.nl/over-ons/commissies/advocatuur/).
- The Firm does not have a trust bank account (derdengeldenrekening) and shall accordingly not administer any money in trust for clients or any other party.